Ballot solutions provider reflects on 2019 and its measures to ensure excellent customer service.
For UK Engage and parent company Print Image Network, 2019 has been a busy year for customer service initiatives and customer feedback. Indeed, having held the Customer Service Excellence Standard since 2012, providing excellent customer service has long been a priority.
We look back on some highlights from 2019, including our recent customer survey and look forward to next year and to continuing to improve the level of service we provide to our customers.
Customer Service Excellence Standard (13 Compliance Plus areas)
Customer Service Excellence is a government-backed industry standard that assesses whether services are efficient, effective, excellent, equitable and empowering, using 57 different criteria. It ensures organisations always put their customers at the heart of their operations.
Earlier this year we were pleased to announce that we passed the assessment with an incredible 13 Compliance-Plus awards.
Compliance-Plus relates to areas where we surpass the standard required. These are areas where we show innovation, or where we are considered sector leaders. In the past, we have successfully gained Compliance Plus in areas such as customer insight and Corporate Social Responsibility. However, with so many significant customer-facing projects being undertaken by the UK Engage brand, we wanted to highlight many different areas of progress.
We have surpassed the customer service standard for our ballot services in the following areas: –
- Providing ballot solutions which serve hard to reach and disadvantaged groups
- Consulting with customers to improve services
- Analysing the customer experience to improve service
- Utilising customer insight to prioritise service improvement
- Empowering and encouraging staff to participate and promote customer service
- Utilising staff insight to drive processes, policy and service planning
- Making product/solution information readily available to customers
- Providing information in the format our customers require it
- Improved range of communication tools and content for customers
- Improved channels of communication for customers
- Interacting within wider communities
- Consulting a range of stakeholders (including customers) to review our standards
- Setting customer satisfaction expectations
As the longest-serving ballot solutions holder of the Standard, we are delighted to have secured these achievements.
Customer Satisfaction Survey
Receiving customer feedback via our customer satisfaction survey is critical to our business, that’s why when we calculated the results from this year’s survey, we were delighted to find out that our satisfaction score was 91%.
The results of the survey included: –
- Overall impression: 92% of customers were satisfied with overall professionalism and service levels
- Account Management: Overall 90% of customers were satisfied with the service they received from their account manager
- Products & Services: Overall 91% of customers were satisfied with our electoral solutions
- Comparison to other election services providers: 91% of customers said we were better or the same as other providers
- Recommendation: 96% of customers would recommend us another customer
What our customers had to say:
Our customers were given the opportunity to provide their honest opinion about our ballot solutions in several open-ended questions. Here’s a small selection of what they had to say: –
“Always extremely professional at all times, even under a great deal of pressure.”
“Considering this was the first time we used their ballot solutions; the service was very professional and greatly appreciated.”
“Excellent quality solutions and customer service is second to none.”
“As with the results of all our customer surveys, we are delighted to hear that customers are satisfied with our service.” Says John Foster, Managing Director.
Continuous Improvement Initiatives & Company Values
As the year comes to an end, the team at UK Engage will be concentrating on January 2020 and our next CSE (Customer Service Excellence) Assessment, which will include new customer service initiatives. Also, next year’s assessment will be the first since we officially announced our customer values, so we’ll be presenting examples of how our values contribute to the customer service we provide to ballot solution customers.
“We are proud to have the most committed team when it comes to customer service. Each team within UK Engage puts the customer first. It’s not just our experienced account managers, sales team and customer support that live and breathe customer service, you’ll find it permeates through our back office too. Our service is consistent and truly customer-centric.” Says Andy Tye, General Manager at UK Engage.
Does your organisation have members and practice democracy? Would like to find out more about working with a leading and trusted ballot services provider? If so, please contact UK Engage today to find out more.