Ballot services provider achieves ‘Compliance-Plus’ in 13 separate areas of the business.
Ballot services provider, UK Engage, has held the Customer Service Excellence Standard since 2012. Each year the business gets assessed to see if it still meets the criteria set out by the standard.
Following our recent visit, we are pleased to announce that we passed the assessment with an incredible 13 Compliance-Plus awards.
Customer Service Excellence is a government-backed industry standard that assesses whether services are efficient, effective, excellent, equitable and empowering, using 57 different criteria. It ensures organisations always put their customers at the heart of their operations. UK Engage is the only ballot services provider in the UK to hold the standard.
Compliance-Plus relates to areas where we surpass the standard required. These are areas where we show innovation, or where we are considered sector leaders. In the past, we have successfully gained Compliance Plus in areas such as customer insight and Corporate Social Responsibility. However, with so many significant customer-facing projects being undertaken by the UK Engage brand, we wanted to highlight many different areas of progress.
We have surpassed the customer service standard for our ballot services in the following areas: –
- Providing services which serve hard to reach and disadvantaged groups
- Consulting with customers to improve services
- Analysing the customer experience to improve service
- Utilising customer insight to prioritise service improvement
- Empowering and encouraging staff to participate and promote customer service
- Utilising staff insight to drive processes, policy and service planning
- Making product/solution information readily available to customers
- Providing information in the format our customers require it
- Improved range of communication tools and content for customers
- Improved channels of communication for customers
- Interacting within wider communities
- Consulting a range of stakeholders (including customers) to review our standards
- Setting customer satisfaction expectations
In 2018 a company-wide project began to articulate what we believed our core company values were After a six-month project, the staff at UK Engage defined five core values – commitment, efficiency, knowledge, professionalism and trust. The CSE assessor was delighted to learn that we had implemented this project and is keen to see how it has developed in 12-months time.
“This has been an excellent surveillance 1 visit for ballot services provider, UK Engage (13 Compliance Plus awards) and the I would like to thank the organisation its staff, customers, partners and stakeholders for their time during this assessment. I look forward to completing surveillance in January 2020.
Mick Lynch – CSE Assessor